Stepping Stones™ Modules
Whether you are a new, returning to the industry or experienced advisor you will be required to take certain modules of our stepping stones programme.
Fit and Proper Test - Head Office
Full Fit & Proper Testing
- Application Form
- Credit & Reference Checks
- Competency sign off (Permission to Trade)
Stepping Stones Induction - 5 day induction course
Protection - Module leader - Daniel Hobbs
- Protection & Compliance Training - Products and Sales Process, ICOB's
- New Leaf Lifecycle Training, Protection research & case studies
Mortgage - Module leader - Chris Nairn
- Mortgage product and compliance training - fraud, due diligence, systems & controls
- Mortgage research & case studies
Assessment & Testing - Module leader - Daniel Hobbs
- Professional competency assessment
- Money laundering / Protection / Mortgage / Data Protection tests
Blueprint Day - Module leader - Mark Hobbs
- The final day of the course centres on developing a blueprint for your business
- With over 35 years in the industry and having built New Leaf from zero to over £10M turn over - Mark Hobbs has some crucial experiences to share.
- Having navigated the company through the worst ever financial services crash in 2008 - we now see a thriving and strong business.
- The principles and ideas and techniques that have been utilised during the past years to develop the business we share in the Blueprint day.
- You will leave the event ready to build your own distinct and credible business that will last for many years to come.
- Mark commented - The blueprint event will assist a positive thinking individual who wants to succeed to progressively realise his or her worthy ideals.
- I will teach you to build a solid - lifestyle based business with little or no money down from a standing start. A business that will be built on solid foundations and will stand the test of time.
- Join me for a 3 hour blasting.
Post course supervision - Various Supervisors
- In field 121 and live observation of your first meeting
- File checks as standard
3 days IFA Stepping Stones Course
- Transition from mortgage/protection advisor to IFA or experienced IFA's. Training in relation to the Centralised Investment programme - First meeting process - research - presentation meeting - funds - platform - DFM's - strategies to be employed with clients - outlier cases - specialist cases - boutique and bespoke para-planning. Technical training on products and taxation.
- This is followed by approximately 32 hours in-field training with 8 supervised meetings as a minimum.
- Coaching all the way through to CAS.
The stepping stones courses that you apply for will be based upon experience and background.
The rookie will probably commence with Wills and LPA stepping stones course. We will invite you to either a meeting with the Managing Director, or to attend our monthly Open Day.
There are stepping stones courses for business protection and equity release and commercial mortgage business in addition to these above. The programme is life - long and on-going and bespoke to you as the advisor.